What do Uber, Spotify, and Instagram have in common? They’re all tech giants that many of us turn to every day (or several times a day!) for everything from rides to songs to news and memes. But another commonality is that they all began life in a coworking space. Their founders and early team members had ideas, innovation, fire, drive… and the wisdom to see the myriad benefits of these dynamic spaces. In this article, we answer your coworking frequently asked questions.
It’s understandable that you have some areas that could use clarification and some inquiries that need addressing before you move forward. Answering your coworking questions is the first step to what could be tremendous professional (and personal) growth and development.
Coworking Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is a Coworking Space Just a Glorified Coffee Shop?
A: Let’s start out with a question that is both a bit light-hearted and easy to answer. No.
This is actually a question that is asked more often than you may think. But if it’s on your mind – and if you’re thinking a coffee shop would be easier and cheaper – it’s worth asking. Many remote and hybrid folks do take their work to the corner cafe to get a break from being completely on their own (and for a latte or two). But if you also need private meeting rooms, quiet space to make calls and to think, personal office space, interaction with peers in exciting and complementary fields, a shared receptionist, and other amenities… then a coworking space and a coffee shop are nothing at all alike.
You can get coffee there too!
Q: Is a Coworking Environment the Right Fit for Me?
A: Without knowing you personally, we can say with near absolute certainty that it is. One of the biggest advantages of a coworking environment is that it’s suited to introverts and extroverts, solopreneurs, freelancers, and independent contractors, small teams, hybrid teams, companies looking to expand into new markets… It’s right for those who need their own space – with a door to close – and those who thrive on connection and contact. And it’s optimal for those who have a mix of any of these needs.
Q: How Do Coworking Spaces… Work?
A: It depends on the specific provider, but in general, you have the flexibility to choose from several different options, such as hot desks, general common space, private offices, conference rooms, etc. You can secure these on a month-to-month basis typically, ensuring that they work for your needs. You have access to amenities such as those we mentioned above, along with wifi, phones, copiers, and other equipment. You reserve the space you need–when you need it. This is night and day from leasing office space. Not only is it cost-effective, but it also allows you to remain agile as your business needs change.
Find a situation that works for you, go to the website, and reserve your space. It’s that simple. Now, if only everything else in business was this easy!
Q: What Are Some Benefits of Coworking Space?
A: Among the top coworking frequently asked questions is this: what are the benefits? Let’s take a look:
- It’s cost-effective. Leasing or buying office space is a significant investment, and it is one that can be cost-prohibitive for many professionals and businesses. Coworking space is a viable solution that adapts to your needs.
- It gives you a highly desirable address. Can you afford space in Tampa? Harbour Island? Other sought-after business hubs? No? Well… maybe not if you lease or buy. Coworking space is a whole different story, as mentioned. Further, you have a legitimate, credible address that appeals to customers and clients – and offers you privacy so you do not have to give out your home address. And ask yourself: What’s more impressive? Zooming from your living room or meeting a client in a beautiful office?
- Everything you need to be able to work is right there. Your space is fully equipped, from furniture and tech to connections and coffee.
- It’s an agile solution. Need a hot desk? You got it. Need a private office to make calls, brainstorm, or meet with clients? Yes. Need a larger space to host a meeting or training? That’s covered as well.
- What you need, when you need it. Scale up, scale down, reserve a month, and come back in a few…. Whatever works for you – so you can work.
Q: Is It Worth It?
A: You can crunch the numbers and see if it’s a financial win – but for most professionals and businesses, it is well worth it. Coworking spaces deliver a number of exceptional amenities, not the least of which is agility and flexibility.
How Do I Get Started?
These are just a few answers to some of your coworking frequently asked questions, but visit Office Evolution to learn more about our coworking spaces and to find a location that works for your goals. It really is that easy. Answering your coworking questions is our top priority, as is ensuring you find the right fit for your career and/or business.