Statistics suggest that there will be just over five million people using coworking spaces by next year. Understanding exactly why so many people are using a private office coworking space can be complex for those who aren’t yet part of the trend. What is coworking and why is it so popular? Is it something you should consider? Answering these questions begins with a deeper look at the coworking trend itself.
What is a Private Office Coworking Space?
Coworking is a way to share the infrastructure and cost of having a private office space with other solopreneurs. The idea behind a private office coworking space is that you gain access to a productive, collaborative environment without the usual corporate constraints. Essentially, you have a neutral space that you can all access with many of the traditional amenities a corporate environment offers like WiFi, printing and copying capabilities, conference rooms, and even a small kitchen. You may even find coworking private office spaces that give you a corner office. And again, without the corporate structure you don’t want. Some coworking spaces offer access to other amenities like 3D printers and other high-end technology your company may not be able to currently afford.
Why Is Coworking So Popular?
Coworking is gaining in popularity for a number of different reasons. Take a look at the top five:
- It Makes the Work Meaningful: Your work identity isn’t just related to what you do. Instead, you build your work identity based on what you do and those who are around you when you do it. While you may be handling your business solo, isolating yourself may make your job feel a little less meaningful. Tackling that to-do list in a private office coworking space, though, can offer you a sense of community, and may give you the collaboration you need to find more meaning in what you do on a day-to-day basis.
- You Gain Access to Serious Perks: It can be tough to build a traditional office environment when it’s just you and your operation is still small. With a coworking space, though, you’re likely to get the perks you need to keep you interested. In some spaces, you get concierge support, cafes, and even onsite health clubs, something few solopreneurs could manage on their own. In almost every case, you’ll have a space to accept deliveries and mail, meet with clients, and, most importantly, work.
- It’s More Cost Efficient: If you’ve looked at the rent on private office space, you may be stunned at the cost. Add that to the fact that you’ll need to lease furniture, equipment, and more, and you can see the costs truly begin to add up, particularly for a small startup. With a coworking space, though, you’ll be able to get the office facilities you need without expensive leases. In fact, in many cases, you can rent on a month-to-month basis.
- It Means Networking Opportunities: There’s nothing worse than a networking event, and in most cases, solopreneurs just don’t have time for those kinds of things. Using a coworking environment, though, allows you to surround yourself with other professionals who may have services you need or may need your services. There are all kinds of individuals in these spaces that may be able to ensure your business can move forward at a faster pace than you ever thought possible.
- It Offers Added Flexibility: Your business is just starting to take off, but it’s hard to tell how quickly you’ll grow. In a coworking space, you have access to the additional space and equipment you need to scale up very quickly if need be. Whether you need to entertain investors, interview new employees, or just work at odd hours, coworking spaces give you the flexibility you need.
There are some other real benefits with coworking spaces, too. Getting your business off the ground can be incredibly lonely, especially if you’re working from home. Using a coworking space, even if you’re just renting a private office, can help to end that loneliness. There’s just a certain energy about being in a hard-working environment. While you get to choose how and when to interact, others are around you if you’re ready to interact. More than that, though, you may find an increase in your own productivity levels. After all, it can be a little hard to get yourself out of bed in the morning, but once you’ve experienced the excitement of coworking, you’ll be ready to surround yourself with dedicated professionals every day.
Should You Consider a Coworking Space?
If you’re one of the thousands of people trying to get your own business going, or to the next level, then coworking is likely the right choice to meet your needs. At Office Evolution Tampa, we have spaces available now. From private offices to traditional coworking options, you’ll find all of the amenities you want with Office Evolution. Search for spaces in your area now.